Teastas Eorpach na Gaeilge and the Advanced Irish Language Skills Initiative
In approving funding for institutions under the Advanced Irish Language Skills Initiative, the Higher Education Authority and the Department of Arts, Heritage and the Gaeltacht stipulated that students must attain Level C1, at least, in a formal TEG examination as a course exit requirement.
To meet these demands, the Centre for Irish Language, Maynooth University, has made the following arrangements.
Candidates completing courses funded under this scheme in 2018 must attempt the Ardleibhéal 1 (C1) exam in 2018 or have evidence that they passed the exam in 2016 or 2017.
The Ardleibhéal 1 (C1) exam will take place on the following dates in 2018: 2 & 3 Febrary AND 17 & 18 August.
||Online - register now
|Closing dates for applications
12 January (February exam)
3 August (August exam)
||Usually available within 4 weeks of exam
- Candidates must take the full examination (listening comprehension, reading comprehension, writing and use of Irish, oral examination)
- All information regarding the examinations (syllabi, sample exams, FAQs) is available here.
- Standard TEG administrative procedures will apply with regard to these exams, i.e. online registration of candidates, communication with candidates, appeals processes etc.
- The examination costs €175.
- Applicants are advised that although it is obligatory to attempt the Ardleibhéal 1 (C1) examination, their performance in that exam will not have any impact on the qualification that the course provider awards them.